The Managerial Accounting course online provides a detailed overview of costing basics, including measurement, application, and prediction of costs in an accounting setting.
Students will Learn:
- Identify the basic classifications of costs
- Differentiate between various costing systems
- Calculate the total and incremental cost of products and services under different costing systems
- Estimate future costs by understanding how various costs change
Module 1 – Overview Of Managerial Accounting
- Learning Objective: Identify the key features of managerial accounting and discern its differences both in form and function from financial accounting.
Module 2 – Basic Cost Management Concepts & The Balanced Scorecard
- Learning Objective: Discover the different classification schemes for costs and recognize the flow of costs through the financial statements.
Module 3 – Calculating Manufacturing Costs And Traditional Product Costing
- Learning Objective: Identify how costs are applied to products in a normal costing system.
Module 4 – Process Costing And Activity Based Costing
- Learning Objective: Compare alternative costing systems to the normal costing system and identify the strengths and weakness of each system.
Module 5 – Cost Behavior And Estimation
- Learning Objective: Predict future costs by understanding the behavior of current and historical costs.
- Students with a background in accounting, finance, management, or bookkeeping desiring to develop an understanding of costs and their relevance to profitability.
- Students with practical experience with basic product costing who wish to expand their knowledge to include the “why,” or theory, behind costing systems.
- Employees newly entering the finance, accounting, or management areas.
- Those preparing for and/or needing Continued Education Units for their certifications.
Other Courses in the Series
- Managerial Accounting: Performance Planning & Management (fin.cost.i2)