- B.S., Pharmacy, Purdue, 1976.
- Pharm.D., Purdue, 1978
Research and Experience Highlights:
- Professor Abel has published more than 110 scientific and professional articles and has given more than 300 research and invited presentations at national and international pharmacy meetings.
- Professor Abel's research focuses on development, implementation and evaluation of progressive pharmaceutical services in organized health care systems.
- He has extensive experience in tracking the types and frequency of clinical services provided in different inpatient pharmacy practice models (centralized, decentralized, multidisciplinary patient focused care teams).
- Other primary areas of interest include medication safety, strategies to improve medication management/ medication use and ocular pharmacology.