- Ph.D. Physics, Karnatak University, 1983
- M.Eng. Nuclear Engineering, McMaster University, 1982
- M.S. Physics, Karnatak University, 1977
- B. S. Physics, Karnatak University, 1975
Research and Experience Highlights:
- His current research interests are in multiphase flow and heat transfer, microgravity multiphase flow inpacked beds, fuel cell design, simulation and power systems, thermochemical water splitting hydrogen production, reactor thermalhydraulics, and safety.
- He is a Life Member of the following societies: American Nuclear Society (ANS), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), and Indian Society of Heat and Mass Transfer (ISHMT) and a Fellow of ASME.
- He has published over 200 peer reviewed papers in archival journals and conference proceedings and he is currently on the Editorial Board of International Journal of Heat Exchangers, Heat Transfer Engineering, Journal of Thermodynamics, and ASME Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology.