- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- S.M., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- S.B.(Chem), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Research and Experience Highlights:
- Dr. Caruthers is an active researcher in the areas of chemical and polymeric systems. Current interests include design of formulated rubbers, the nonlinear mechanical behavior of engineering polymers, rational design methods for catalysts and the origins of the glass transition.
- Dr. Caruthers is the co-author of a number of major research papers, including “A Kolsky Torsion Bar Technique for Characterization of Dynamic Shear Response of Soft Materials" and "Molecular Dynamics Simulations and Experimental Studies of the Thermomechanical Response of an Epoxy Thermoset Polymer."