The focus of the Fuel Cell Systems and Analysis is to introduce fuel cell systems, fuel processing, hydrogen economy, charge, mass and heat transport process in fuel cell, analysis and characterization of fuel cells.
Students will Learn:
- An introduction to fuel cell systems, fuel processing, hydrogen economy, charge, mass and heat transport process in fuel cell, analysis and characterization of fuel cells.
Module 1 – Fuel Cell Systems
- Learning Objective: Explore fuel cell systems, fuel processing methods, system optimization and commercial fuel cell power plants.
Module 2 –Codes & Standards
- Learning Objective: Explore fuel cell codes and standards, hydrogen generation and storage, and analysis of charge transport in fuel cells, including ion and electron conductivities of electrolyte and electrodes.
Module 3 – Mass & Heat Transport
- Learning Objective: Discuss the mass and heat transport in fuel cells, and water transport in PEM fuel cell.
Module 4 – Fuel Cell Modeling and Simulation
- Learning Objective: Identify the methods of analysis using zero dimension and one dimension models for performance of PEM FC and SOFC.
Module 5 – Electrochemical Measurement and Diagnostics
- Learning Objective: Explore the characterization of fuel cells through various diagnostics methods including – electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and cyclic voltammetry.
- Graduate students interested in nuclear engineering with a focus on fuel cells.