- Bachelors of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Doctor of Pharmacy Degree – from Purdue University.
- Completed a combined PGY1/PGY2 Masters in Health-System Pharmacy Administration residency at The Ohio State University Medical Center (Columbus, OH)
- Master’s degree in Health-System Pharmacy Administration – from The Ohio State University.
Research and Experience Highlights:
- Joined CMSA in 2011 and currently serves as the Associate Director at the Purdue University College of Pharmacy Center for Medication Safety Advancement; prior to this role, Dr. Hertig was Medication Safety Project Manager at CMSA
- In his current role he assists in setting and managing the mission and vision of the organization, leads strategic initiatives, forms partnerships, educates, and acts as a catalyst to help improve the lives of the patients throughout Indiana and beyond.
- Dr. Hertig's experience and focus areas include: pharmacy practice models, leadership development, medication safety, quality outcomes, health policy, and performance improvement. He is committed to organizational involvement and serves in various local and national leadership roles for the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.